Experience the Desert
In West Texas Time
Users are immersed into a changing Chihuahuan Desert based on the time of their visit to the site.
Technical Points of Interest
- Custom, 360-degree photoshoot for the Homepage captured 4 times of day in the Chihuahuan Desert landscape (sunrise, daytime, sunset & night).
- Mapping panoramic images stitched from the photoshoot into a cubemap format suitable for 3D rendering.
- Dynamic point of interest positions and panorama images based on time of day.
- Rendering the landscape using WebGL with a fall-back for low-performance and unsupported devices.
- Blending the panoramic render (and fall-back) with points of interest, updating their 2d positions based on a their 3d projection in the landscape.
- Above technology can be accessed on desktop and mobile/touch devices.